A house fire in Ridgeville over the weekend has forced eight people from their home and left two members of the family injured. One of the injured was a 78-year old grandmother who jumped from a window in order to reach safety.
Josetta King had been at home in the family room when the smoke alarms went off. When King’s daughter opened her bedroom door, billows of smoke came from the room. The rest of the family was able to escape leaving only the grandmother to climb out from a second story window.
Also injured was a toddler who suffered burns to the face.
Initial investigations by fire officials point to an overloaded electrical outlet as being the cause of the house fire.
Fires can cause serious destruction of property and livelihoods, inflict personal injuries such as burns and even death. Recovery after a fire, whether it happens on the job or in the home can be devastating. Some causes of fires in the home include:
- Faulty electrical wiring or overloaded power outlets and surge strips
- Carelessness with candles, lighters, matches or cigarettes
- Defective appliances
- A natural gas leak
- Flammable objects such as clothing or other combustibles that are left too close to heat sources.
After a fire, recovery in the aftermath can take time and be a cause of frustration. You may have to take time off of work in order to deal with insurance claims or other matters afterward. If you or a loved one has been hurt as the result of a fire, the time it takes to get your life back on track can take even longer. I
If you or your loved ones have suffered losses due to a fire, give the offices of Howell Law a call. We will listen to the details of your case and we can help you figure out the best ways to proceed in terms of financial compensation for any injuries, damages, pain and suffering or even wrongful death. You deserve to be justly compensated for your losses. Before you sign anything, give Howell Law a call.