Johns Island Personal Injury Lawyer
Howell Law represents clients injured in Johns Island and surrounding areas in South Carolina. If you have been hurt or a loved one has been killed and you need legal help, our Johns Island personal injury attorneys are here to represent you.
Our personal injury attorneys have dedicated their careers to fighting for the rights of injured victims to be fully compensated for economic and non-financial losses. If someone hurt you, you do not deserve to face financial problems as well as the physical pain or the emotional turmoil. You may pursue a claim to recover compensation for medical costs; lost income; pain and suffering; emotional distress; and/or wrongful death damages.
Filing an Injury Claim in Johns Island
Victims of personal injuries need to take legal action in order to recover compensation. South Carolina law says you should be “made whole” if you were a victim of negligence or of someone’s failure to live up to legal obligations. You do not get any money for losses unless you make a damage claim.
A Johns Island personal injury attorney will need to determine:
- Who to make a claim against
- What the legal grounds are for your claim
- Which court is the proper jurisdiction to hear your lawsuit
- What evidence you need to make your case
- How much money your claim may be worth
- Whether to accept a settlement or take your case to trial
Making decisions on all of these legal matters requires an understanding of trial procedure and South Carolina laws related to personal injury or wrongful death claims. Trying to learn the law while coping with the grief of losing a loved one or the pain of your injuries can be difficult or impossible.
Insurance companies often count on your lack of information about the value of your case. They may try to coerce you into settling for less than you deserve or may deny legitimate claims in the hopes you won’t pursue a case. The American Association for Justice has a comprehensive report on the worst insurance companies that details how insurers deny claims and try to deprive people of money they need and deserve. The practices of these insurers show clearly that they are not on your side when you make an injury claim.
It is prudent to have an advocate who knows the law, who can deal with the insurance company on your behalf and who will help you in every step of making a personal injury claim in Johns Island.
Finding a Johns Island Injury Attorney
At Howell Law, our Johns Island personal injury attorneys care about our clients and we are passionate about helping those who have been hurt. Our firm and attorneys have earned many accolades and are part of many professional associations. We:
- Have an Avvo Rating of Superb
- Are Martindale-Hubbell Peer-Review Rated for Ethical standards and legal ability
- Are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Are members of the American Association for Justice and the Southern Trial Lawyers Association for Justice
- Are members of the Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group
- Are members of the Brain Injury Alliance
- Are Avvo Top Contributors for Workers’ Compensation in 2010
These are just some of the things that distinguish our firm. Call today to request a free consultation with a Johns Island injury attorney.