McClellanville Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been hurt in McClellanville, where can you turn? You need to determine if any person or company was responsible for the harm you suffered so you can obtain compensation for losses. A personal injury lawyer can help.
Injuries can be expensive to treat and can make it impossible for you to work. If a loved one dies in an accident caused by negligence, you may be left not only with grief but also with the loss of income your family was counting on. The job of a personal injury lawyer is to represent you in negotiating a settlement or going to court to get your financial and non-economic losses covered after an injury or death.
Howell Law is dedicated to representing clients injured in McClellanville and surrounding areas. Our attorneys have a long track record of helping clients recover compensation. In fact, we are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We are here and ready to put our legal knowledge and skills to work to help you make the strongest claim possible based on the facts of your accident.
Taking Legal Action after an Injury
In South Carolina, accident victims have three years to make a claim for most types of personal injuries according to the Statute of Limitations. Accident victims may file a civil lawsuit at any point after they have been harmed. A personal injury lawyer can help McClellanville victims determine who to pursue a claim against.
When a lawsuit is filed, this does not necessarily mean the victim will need to go to court. The defendant will probably be represented by an insurance company and the insurer may make a settlement offer. If you settle your case, you will be paid a set amount and will need to give up your right to sue in exchange for the money.
You need to know what your case is worth to determine if a settlement is the best choice. Whether your injury claim goes to trial or is resolved through settlement negotiations, you should be compensated for:
- Medical bills and costs: If you have permanent injuries, expert witnesses can estimate the cost of lifetime care and this should be part of your settlement or damages awarded by a jury.
- Loss of income: If you have reduced earning potential or are not able to work at all because of permanent injuries, you should be compensated for the money your injuries will prevent you from making.
- Pain and suffering: You may have physical pain and a lower quality of life. You should be compensated.
- Emotional distress: Victims of accidents and injuries often experience post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, or anxiety. Any emotional problems resulting from the injury should be compensated.
- Wrongful death damages: Surviving family members can make a claim for lost companionship, loss of the deceased’s financial contributions, funeral costs, and medical expenses paid before the death.
Howell Law will help injury victims put together a thorough case that encompasses all of these aspects.
If you or a loved one was injured in McClellanville or surrounding areas, don’t hesitate to get legal help. Howell Law offers free consultations to injured victims and family members. Call today to speak with a member of our legal team about your case.