Mount Pleasant Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Considering the stunning natural beauty and favorable climate conditions for which South Carolina is known, it should come as no surprise that bicycling is an extremely popular mode of travel as well as recreation across the state. While enthusiasts relish the opportunity to keep fit and enjoy their physical surroundings, the dangers faced by cyclists are quite real.
When the avoidable negligence of another party causes a rider to sustain severe injuries or worse, a skilled accident attorney can enter the fray and aggressively seek compensation on their behalf. A Mount Pleasant bicycle accident lawyer can clarify how local laws may apply to your case.
Common Bicycle Accidents
When thinking of bicycle accidents, many envision a fairly simple scenario in which a driver fails to spot a nearby cyclist and a collision ensues. The truth is, that this is just one of many potential ways in which catastrophic cycling crashes occur. Contacting a Mount Pleasant bicycle accident lawyer can help a person to compile the facts of their case quickly if they are interested in seeking damages.
Other circumstances which can produce devastating harm to cyclists include:
- Bicycle-on-bicycle incidents in which another rider’s negligence is implicated
- Crashes caused by debris negligently left on the road or on a bike path
- Accidents stemming from poorly or improperly maintained roadways
- Collisions caused by negligent operation of police vehicles, ambulances, trains or buses
- Crashes caused by unleashed dogs or other animals in pursuit
- Car door impacts in which the occupant of a parked vehicle negligently strikes an oncoming bicyclist
Lasting Effects of Bicycle Accidents
The immense physical forces at play, combined with the absence of comprehensive bodily protection for riders makes it highly likely that a crash will produce profound injuries and sometimes even death.
Common types of harm experienced by cycling accident victims include broken bones, spinal cord damage, disfigurement, traumatic brain injury and more. As a result, medical bills and rehabilitation costs can quickly spiral out of control, making the help of a skilled Mount Pleasant bicycle accident attorney all the more critical.
Potential Accident Compensation
The aftermath of a bicycle accident is routinely marked by chronic pain, ongoing therapy and mounting financial concerns that most families are unprepared to meet.
Fortunately, the legal system ensures that victims of negligence have the opportunity to pursue accountability and financial resources from those responsible for this type of upheaval, possibly including payment that encompasses:
- Past, present and future medical bills
- Reduced future earning potential
- Actual lost wages
- Physical pain and discomfort
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of marital relationship
- Loss of enjoyment of prior lifestyle
- Funeral expenses, where applicable
- Loss of financial support for surviving dependents
Working with a Mount Pleasant Bicycle Accident Lawyer
The quest for justice following a serious bicycle crash requires a thorough exploration of the facts, identification of all responsible parties and tireless marshaling of evidence, witness statements and legal arguments.
If you or a loved one have been harmed or worse while cycling, a Mount Pleasant bicycle accident lawyer is prepared to render the personalized, uncompromising client service you deserve.